Extra 20 Miles on "Empty"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonTattoo

Reaction score
So, I totally messed up and missed the an exit earlier. ‍Only had 5 miles left, and guess what? No exits for the next 15! By the time I finally got off, the car was showing 0%. But here's the crazy part - I drove another 6 miles at 40mph before it finally gave out! Even managed to get it on the flatbed with a little on/off magic! Anyone else experience this hidden reserve on their MINI? Thinking about a summer test after seeing YouTubers get 180 on zero... gotta love free roadside assistance too, saved the day!

Lots of balls out there. I would've peed in my pants with that! That's why I always see to it that I charge mine until 100%, I don't care what other people say that it should be 80% whatsoever. I'm buying this so that I can enjoy the car. The battery is part of the wear and tear anyways.

Anyways, glad that the roadside assistance there in California is quick!

Man youre cutting it too close haha, great decision making skills trying to draining every last drop of juice the battery has. But next time try not to get it even closer to 0 because it will affect the lifespan of your battery.

So, I totally messed up and missed the an exit earlier. ‍Only had 5 miles left, and guess what? No exits for the next 15! By the time I finally got off, the car was showing 0%. But here's the crazy part - I drove another 6 miles at 40mph before it finally gave out! Even managed to get it on the flatbed with a little on/off magic! Anyone else experience this hidden reserve on their MINI? Thinking about a summer test after seeing YouTubers get 180 on zero... gotta love free roadside assistance too, saved the day!
It's impressive that it can go so far on 0%. Will try that sometimes LOL.

Join the Mini Cooper EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back