Mini charging lacks public network

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael_Cooper

Reaction score
anyone else frustrated by the lack of reliable public charging options? My trusty MINI is fantastic for zipping around town, thanks to home charging!, but longer trips are a gamble. With my other car out of commission, I took it on a long round trip and it was a disaster. Guess what? No chargers. Just promises. My backup plan - Tesco's "state-of-the-art" PodPoint chargers - turned out to be fancy billboards with slow chargers that wouldn't take credit cards. Downloaded their app, added credit...all while freezing! An hour later, I finally had enough juice to get home. Come on, charging networks! We need reliable, user-friendly options on major routes, not empty promises and frustrating app downloads.

That's why it's important to own gas powered cars aside from EVs. I wouldn't gamble using my EV on long road trips, especially with my family. But yeah, I agree, there should be enough charging stations.

Agree, while progress is being made, many places simply do not have enough, if any, charging stations. Tesla appears to be a pioneer in this field. Tesla owners don't seem to have trouble finding charging stations.

Join the Mini Cooper EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back