Mini SE’s Missing Charging Stations!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDon1986

Reaction score
So my sister just scored a new Mini SE over in Australia, and here’s the kicker: her nav system is completely blanking on charging stations! She’s super excited about planning a road trip, but she’s stuck because she can’t find any charging points.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Is there a trick to adding charging stations to the navigation system? My sister’s been relentless, and honestly, I’m not up to speed with Minis myself!

I asked my cousin from Australia about this and he said that he had limited success in locating charging stations. The overall network seems unreliable with many missing stations and some nonexistent locations listed.

I've been using Tronity to connect my Mini Connect and ABRP to get real-time charging info. It's a bit of a workaround, but it's been super helpful for trip planning. I'm still shocked that this isn't built into the car's nav!

I saw a Cooper SE in Brisbane a while back when I visited, but yeah, most EVs there are still Teslas. I'm wondering if PlugShare or ABRP are missing some charging stations in SEQ.

My brother who lives there recently got a MINI SE too, and he says the charging situation here is pretty bad. Lots of missing or incorrect info. The nav colors are a whole other story! But he still loves the car.

Are you also in QLD? I didn;t find any chargers near Brisbane using ABRP when I was driving.

This makes me thankful for the accessibility here in the US.

Join the Mini Cooper EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back