Converting Mini Cooper EV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eragon03

Reaction score
Hey all you Mini E drivers! I'm looking to install a home charger for my Mini EV and I'm torn on the kW rating. Thinking about a speedy 70kW unit, but wondering if staying in the 15-40kW range might be better.

The battery in the Mini E is pretty manageable, so I'm guessing the 70kW might be overkill for most top-ups, but I'd love to hear some thoughts from the community. Thanks!

Which MINI model do you have? It may be more difficult to convert an F56. These use FlexRay, a more complex protocol than the standard CAN system. However, if you have an R56, then that’s good news. Some of my friends are working on converting for those who still use CAN, since they are easier to tweak.

Which MINI model do you have? It may be more difficult to convert an F56. These use FlexRay, a more complex protocol than the standard CAN system. However, if you have an R56, then that’s good news. Some of my friends are working on converting for those who still use CAN, since they are easier to tweak.
Where is that located? I'm planning to convert mine.

Join the Mini Cooper EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back