Electric Cooper SE Missing android auto!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PizzaTurtle

Reaction score
Loving my girlfriend's new Electric Cooper SE but bummed it doesn't have Android Auto. We tried searching for ways to mirror our phone but everything seems super techy with Github and stuff. Is there a simpler way, maybe step-by-step, to see if I can get Android Auto working on my Mini? No the most tech-savvy driver here, so any help would be appreciated!

Loving my girlfriend's new Electric Cooper SE but bummed it doesn't have Android Auto. We tried searching for ways to mirror our phone but everything seems super techy with Github and stuff. Is there a simpler way, maybe step-by-step, to see if I can get Android Auto working on my Mini? No the most tech-savvy driver here, so any help would be appreciated!
another way to get Android Auto for your Mini Cooper is to install an MMI Pro device. This device enables you to have Android Auto if screen mirroring isn't available. It is fairly easy to install the device and there are step by step tutorial videos that you could watch on youtube. After installing, turn on the screen and press down menu for 2-3 seconds. Next step would be to connect your phone to the device, you need to find car plate MMI and add it on Bluetooth and click allow on all prompts and finally click continue. Congratulations man, you now have Android Auto and other additional features that comes with the MMI Pro device.
here's the link to the step by step video just in case you have a hard time finding it.

Join the Mini Cooper EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back