Getting frustrated with Octopus & MINI App issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MigsMartin

Reaction score
Anyone else having charging problem with MINI, Zappi & Octopus? I can't get Octopus to control charging reliably. The MINI app only recognizes the connection when a charge is started, not when I plug in. Then the app sets wacky charging times, way outside Octopus' cheap window! Feels like the app and Octopus aren't talking. Right now, my only strategy is to manually start charging at 11:30pm, but it cuts out randomly – not ideal! Anyone who can help please?

Anyone else having charging problem with MINI, Zappi & Octopus? I can't get Octopus to control charging reliably. The MINI app only recognizes the connection when a charge is started, not when I plug in. Then the app sets wacky charging times, way outside Octopus' cheap window! Feels like the app and Octopus aren't talking. Right now, my only strategy is to manually start charging at 11:30pm, but it cuts out randomly – not ideal! Anyone who can help please?
To get the most out of Octopus' dynamic charging rates, set your car to "Charge Immediately" in the app. This lets them control the charging schedule and potentially offer you better rates based on electricity demand on the grid. They're currently testing different options, so you might see some variations in charging times, but it's all to optimize the grid for everyone.

Join the Mini Cooper EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back