Mini electric charge scheduling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goUP1990

Reaction score
My boyfriend's trying to figure out the scheduled charging of his Mini Electric. We want to take advantage of those late-night electricity rates, but it seems, the car only charges to be ready by a set departure time, even if he doesn't have one. Anyone else frustrated by this?

We tried setting a charging window midnight with a random departure time but the car ignored it and just filled up by 7:00. Ideally, we'd like it to only draw power during my cheap rate window.

His wall charger can handle scheduling, but it has its own issues and the Mini app doesn't seem to register incomplete charging sessions.
Is there a way to schedule charging directly from the car without a departure time (and skip pre-conditioning)?

My boyfriend's trying to figure out the scheduled charging of his Mini Electric. We want to take advantage of those late-night electricity rates, but it seems, the car only charges to be ready by a set departure time, even if he doesn't have one. Anyone else frustrated by this?

We tried setting a charging window midnight with a random departure time but the car ignored it and just filled up by 7:00. Ideally, we'd like it to only draw power during my cheap rate window.

His wall charger can handle scheduling, but it has its own issues and the Mini app doesn't seem to register incomplete charging sessions.
Is there a way to schedule charging directly from the car without a departure time (and skip pre-conditioning)?
It might be because of his scheduled departure time. Since I slow charge, it can take a couple of nights to fully replenish the battery, especially after long drives. My guess is the car is trying to reach 100% by his departure time.

Did you already contact the installer or the dealership about this inquiry? Usually if things like these happen, the speed of the charger can affect this issue as well. I think its best to contact the dealership first or the installers to get a better view on how you should approach this.

Join the Mini Cooper EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back