Mini Electric Service - CBS Inspection & Brake Fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eragon03

Reaction score
My dad got his 2022 model (bought in July '23) and the service lights are freaking him out a bit. They want a lot of money for a CBS Inspection - is this just a top-up and visual check, or actually important for a 2-year-old electric car?

Also due for a brake fluid change, but the dealer charges a lot while my da'd friend, a local guy, can do it way cheaper. Downside is no update to the digital service history, although he'd provide paperwork. Anyone else weigh the pros and cons of dealer vs. local garage for servicing an electric Mini?

Checking the service history is one of the top things to do before buying a used car.

As for brake fluid, I think your dealer is scamming you, you don't have to change your your fluid regularly since the new ones are made to last for 2-3 years From which dealer are you btw?

A CBS inspection is necessary if you want to know what the real issue is but it shouldnt cost too much,just the same with changing a brake fluid. Great idea to consult the forum first for a second opinion rather then getting tricked in an instant by the dealer

Join the Mini Cooper EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back