Should I pull the trigger on ex-demo Mini Cooper SE?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riadegypt83

Reaction score
So I've had my eye on the Mini Cooper SE for a while now. My buddy who's in the car biz suggested I check out their ex-demo Mini Cooper SE Level 3 with over 1.5k mileage. Gave it a spin and it felt pretty solid. But here's the thing - I've never dabbled in ex-demo cars before. It's neat that they're giving it at a discount, but I'm a bit wary about how it'll hold up in the long haul. I mean with all those test drives, it's bound to have some battle scars, right? Any of you folks ever snagged an ex-demo ride? How did it treat you in the long run? Let's swap stories!

So I've had my eye on the Mini Cooper SE for a while now. My buddy who's in the car biz suggested I check out their ex-demo Mini Cooper SE Level 3 with over 1.5k mileage. Gave it a spin and it felt pretty solid. But here's the thing - I've never dabbled in ex-demo cars before. It's neat that they're giving it at a discount, but I'm a bit wary about how it'll hold up in the long haul. I mean with all those test drives, it's bound to have some battle scars, right? Any of you folks ever snagged an ex-demo ride? How did it treat you in the long run? Let's swap stories!
An ex-demo car isn't bad, in fact I even think that it is a good bargain. Firstly, you're gonna get it at a lower price. It can still be considered brand-new because of how it is being maintained by the dealership, it is only used in short distances either way and you're still considered the first owner. An ex-demo car that I still have and use up to this day is the Nissan Leaf Tekna Hatchback, and it still works perfectly. I didn't have any problems with it for 2 years already, driving it even feels like its brand-new. Just make sure to check everything before buying anything like anyone would usually do whether it is an ex-demo or a brand new car.

Join the Mini Cooper EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back