Charging cable and ambient lighting issues after 2 years. Is SE reliable and for long-term?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eragon03

Reaction score
There's not much online about miniSE reliability compared to other EVs. Anyone out there owned theirs for a while? I'm curious how it holds up with the others. For reference, I've had mine about 2 years and the only quirks are with the interior ambient lights and the occasional charging cable. Is this a common issue after using it for more than a year?

There's not much online about miniSE reliability compared to other EVs. Anyone out there owned theirs for a while? I'm curious how it holds up with the others. For reference, I've had mine about 2 years and the only quirks are with the interior ambient lights and the occasional charging cable. Is this a common issue after using it for more than a year?
No issues with mine yet that needed a trip to the dealership. I know some folks with MINI reliability, especially engine-related problems. That would explain why the drivetrain warranty costs so much more than the full package. But with the switch to the BMW i3 electric motor, maybe MINI reliability has taken a turn for the better?

This is one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned! Mine's at 25k already and all I did was the PMS. No issues encountered so far.

Join the Mini Cooper EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back