Stuck on "charge flap open" warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonTattoo

Reaction score
My car thinks my charging flap is open when it's definitely shut! Started with a finicky latch last week (fixed with lube, phew) but now I'm stuck with this annoying dash warning. Apparently it's a common problem. Anyone out of warranty find a way to fix it themselves?

Try opening and pushing it as hard as you can multiple times. If it doesn't work, then maybe your flap mechanism is the problem. Similar to mine before. Luckily, mine was still under warranty so I didn't have to pay for anything;)

Try opening and pushing it as hard as you can multiple times. If it doesn't work, then maybe your flap mechanism is the problem. Similar to mine before. Luckily, mine was still under warranty so I didn't have to pay for anything;)
Same here! I ended up having to replace my charging flap as well.

My car thinks my charging flap is open when it's definitely shut! Started with a finicky latch last week (fixed with lube, phew) but now I'm stuck with this annoying dash warning. Apparently it's a common problem. Anyone out of warranty find a way to fix it themselves?
Any updates? If yours is still under warranty, then you don't have to worry about it.

Join the Mini Cooper EV Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back